Full, defined lips are increasingly popular cosmetic goals. The two main injectable options for enhancing lips are lip flips and lip fillers. But what’s the difference between these treatments?
Understanding the key distinctions will help you make the best choice for subtle or dramatic enhancement.
What is a Lip Flip?
A lip flip solely targets the upper lip. It uses small doses of Botox injections to relax the muscles that flip the upper lip upwards. By temporarily paralysing these muscles, the lip flip causes the upper lip to relax down slightly. This creates the appearance of a smoother, fuller upper lip.
The lip flip addresses an issue where the top lip almost disappears when smiling. It helps the upper lip maintain its structure and it’s also good for treating gummy smile.
A lip flip provides very natural-looking, subtle enhancement. It’s ideal for those with a thin upper lip that seems to vanish when smiling.
Benefits of Lip Flip:
- Non-invasive procedure with no surgery or downtime
- More affordable than lip filler
- Looks natural and subtle
- Can reduce a “gummy smile”
- Results last 3-4 months
- Not suitable for major enhancement
- Effects take 1-2 weeks to appear
- Requires repeat treatments to maintain
- Risk of minor bruising or swelling
What is Lip Filler?
Lip filler uses injectable hyaluronic acid gel to add volume and contour. It can treat both upper and lower lips for reshaping. The filler injections create a plumper, more defined pout. Lip filler also improves fine lines around the mouth.
This treatment allows for dramatic improvements in size, shape and symmetry. It’s ideal for those wanting significantly curvier, fuller lips.
Benefits of Lip Filler:
- Creates instantly fuller, smoother lips
- Long-lasting results of 6-12 months
- Customizable injections for desired look
- Can balance uneven lips
- Hydrates lips and smoothes fine lines
- Higher cost for treatment
- Some downtime such as swelling
- Repeat visits needed to maintain results
Which One Is Right For You?
Choosing between lip flip and filler depends on your specific goals and anatomy.
Lip flip is better if you:
- Want subtle enhancement
- Have a thin upper lip that disappears when smiling
- Don’t need increased lip size or added structure
Lip filler is recommended if you:
- Desire dramatically fuller, curvier lips
- Want to balance uneven lips
- Are open to a more intense enhancement
Many combine both treatments for balanced results. During your consultation, your Injectual Practitioner can advise which options best suit your needs.
Here at Injectual we create, natural-looking lip enhancement using our signature Injectual lip technique, tailored to your aesthetic goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Discover how lip flip or filler can help you achieve the perfect pout you’ve always desired.